- If you can't find the answers to questions you have regarding Flurry Analytics please free to email us here:
- iPhone/iPad Support
- iphonesupport @flurry.com
Is Flurry Analytics iPhone SDK compatible with the iPhone 4.0 OS?
- Flurry Analytics' iPhone SDK version 2.4 and up are compatible with iPhone's 4.0 OS and below.
Common iPhone Errors
- Common error:
- endSession takes too long
- Exception Codes:
- Application Specific Information:
- com.company.app failed to terminate in time
- Thread strack trace:
- +[FlurryHTTPEater sendMethod:to:body:headerFields:timeoutInterval:useWebView:]
- +[FlurryAPI endSession]
- Flurry agent sends session report at the end of session by default. Sometimes, these reports take too long to send and the operating system kills the app. You can disable end of session reporting with [FlurryAPI setSessionReportsOnCloseEnabled:NO]. However, disabling end of session reports means that Flurry only receive the current session's report the next time the app is run. This can significantly delay or reduce the amount of sessions shown.
- Common error:
- Symbol not found crash when trying to run Flurry iPhone SDK v2.7 on iOS3.x
- Dyld Error Message:
- Symbol not found: __NSConcreteGlobalBlock
- Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
- To support OS 3.x, please set Base SDK to iPhone Device 4.0 and iPhone OS Deployment Target to iPhone OS 3.0. Extra linker flags may be needed if NSConcreteGlobalBlock and UIBackgroundTaskInvalid runtime error occur under 3.x.
- The linker flags are:
- weak_framework UIKit
- weak_library /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
How are sessions in iOS4 counted?
- If the app pauses or moves to the background for more than 10 seconds, the next time the app runs, Flurry agent will automatically create a new session and end the previous session. Otherwise, Flurry agent will continue the same session. If the app is terminated, a new session will be created when the app runs again.
Why are my New Users different than the Downloads reported from iTunes
- Flurry counts New Users according to the first time a project has been run on a given device. There are several reasons this value can be different than iTunes downloads numbers, including:
- Users may download the app, but not run it.
- Users may download the app, but run it on a different day. (Flurry counts days by US Pacific time, Apple's varies by region)
- Users may download the app, but only run it when they don't have network access.
- Users with jailbroken phones may get the app from a different source, then run it. (For example, a pirated copy of an app)
- Users with jailbroken phones may have analytics disabled.
- Users may download the app once, but run it on multiple devices. (For example, if they get a new phone, but link it with an existing iTunes account)
- Users may download the app mutliple times, but run it on the same device. (For example, if a phone gets linked to a different iTunes account)
- If multiple apps use the same API key, counts for both will be reported together, thus showing a higher number than either of the apps alone.
Is there a way to ignore "test" data or specific devices for analytics?
- Most developers create two projects. One project for development/testing and one project for consumers. When they are ready to send the application to the AppStore they just switch to the project key that points to the consumer project.
- Another alternative is to set the CUSTOM TIME FRAME in the analytics view of the application to the date the application is released on the Apple site. That way no previous data from testing/development will show in this time frame.
Where is my data?
- If you just implemented Flurry Analytics you should expect to see data reporting to your project's analytics page in an hour or less from when you first launched your application integrated with Flurry Analytics.
How do I know if a new version of the iPhone SDK is available?
- View the project you are currently working on. If there is a new version of the SDK available you will notice the NEW SDK Upgrade Available link located next to the Create New Version and View Changes Logs links on the bottom of your project.
- Click on the NEW SDK Upgrade Available link to download the latest SDK
How do I download the latest Flurry iPhone SDK?
- Navigate to the project you would like the lastest SDK for. Below all the versions of that project you will notice the label Download SDK. Click on the iPhone link next to this label. You will then be navigated to a page that contains your project's key, a link to download the latest SDK as well as instructions on how to integrate the SDK with your application.
Flurry SDK with Location Services: Double Prompting Issue
- If you are experiencing the double prompting of the location services alert with your Flurry integrated application please download the latest Flurry iPhone SDK (version 1.1 or greater) and this will resolve the double prompting issue.